Administrative and Media Officer required: reference WOIAMO20 -closing date 23rd October
Woodlands of Ireland – Coillearnacha Dúchasa na hÉireann
A Native Woodlands Initiative
Requires an Administrative and Media Officer
The Woodlands of Ireland Native Woodlands Initiative was established to develop native woodland projects and to provide technical support and training to underpin the native woodland sector. It is a Company Limited by Guarantee with Charitable status. Our vision is: 'To promote the enhancement and expansion of our native woodlands and to increase public awareness of their value'.
Applications are invited for the post of ‘Administrative and Media Officer’ to support the Chief Executive Officer.
Please note: This is a part time position.
• Experience in office administration;
• Good communications and organisational skills;
• Ability to manage within deadlines and to budget;
• Flexibility in terms of working arrangements;
• Ability to work on own initiative;
• Full clean driving licence;
• Adept in digital media services provision (see below).
Reporting to the CEO, the following is a brief description of the principal duties that the Administrative and Media Officer will be required to carry out on an initial 20 hours per week basis:
– Supporting activities related to the effective administration of Woodlands of Ireland, including the preparation of the annual accounts, updating company policies and ensuring adherence to governance requirements, especially vis a vis the Companies Registration Office and the Charities Regulator.
– Online logistics and co-ordination of our Technical Advisory Panel group meeting progressions.
– Assisting in the organisation of Board of Management meetings, seminars and training courses on line.
– Knowledge of publishing software is desirable
– Assisting in the application for, and drawdown of annual core funding.
– Uploading annual reports and funding applications to regulators and sponsor sites in a timely manner.
– Maintaining and upgrading Website and Social Media platforms
A background in Environmental Science, Forestry or Agriculture would be an advantage but not essential
Please apply in writing, with a full Curriculum Vitae to:
Woodlands of Ireland at our email email@example.com with reference to WOIAMO20
Closing Date: 23th October, 2020
This position is funded by the Forest Service of the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine, the Heritage Council and the National Parks and Wildlife Service of the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht.